Camps differences in Wadi Rum (Bedouin , Luxury & Bivouac Camping - Camping under the stars )
You should know that in Wadi Rum , there are different types of camps and here are below some thing you might find :
1- Beoduin, Echo and/or Desert Camps :
Bedouin , Echo-friendly and desert camps are usually located in the Protected Area and Natural Reserve of Wadi Rum desert, they are an eco-friendly camps, usually managed by Bedouins, offers a traditional & real Bedouin experience. All tents are private (Single Tents, Twin/Double Tents, Triple Tents and quadruple Tents) equipped with mattresses, blankets and pillows. There are shared bathrooms with toilets and a shower. Also ,There is a small desk and extra space to hang clothes and store luggage. These camps offer easy access to major archaeological sites. Desert buggies, camel rides, and jeep safaris can be arranged … After a day out, guests can enjoy a traditional Bedouin meal by the campfire or in the communal tent , guests can enjoy the traditional Bedouin cuisine served at these camps . Guests are invited to help staff prepare a traditional meal according to local traditions. Also, you can relax by the camp fire in the evening. The traditional Bedouin meal cooked in these camp are : Zarb ( which is cooked under the sand ) , the Bedouin barbeque , Also Mansaf, Maqloba vegan and vegetarian options ... Tea, coffee and other hot beverages are offered all day.
These camps have limited access to facilities :
- The Hot water is limited , it might that you wont have the opportunity to have a shower , because the hot water is supplied by the solar system .
- There are bathrooms and showers but shared
-The electricity is limited for few hours, not all the nights , so , it might you will have candles at night and lighthouse.
- You are there to experience the real Bedouin Life , it is 01 or few nights in life , you should do it !
- It is not allowed , By the UNISCO, to have electricity to be there , it is a Protected Area by UNISCO .
- Don’t expect a luxury life and luxury camp , it is the real life of Bedouin
Examples of these camps :
2- Wadi Rum Quiet Village Camp : https://www.wadirumquietvillage.com/
3- Bedouin Lifestyle Camp : https://www.bedouinlifestyle.com/
2- Luxury Camps :